Easy to access in Turtle Mountain Provincial Park is Adam Lake and Campground. Located 3 hours from downtown Winnipeg, Adam Lake offers electrical sites as well as a beautiful overflow camping area.
There is a really nice beach area by the campground, and lots of walking paths and trails to hike on. There is also a fitness trail with lots of different fitness activities on it (we, of course, did every single one of them! 😅). The campground itself is nice, clean and the spots are not too close to each other.
Things to do while camping at Adam Lake:
- hang out at the beach – there’s also a playground (we tested out the swings, and maybe even a slide, but did not harm any children in our shenanigans)
- do the fitness trail walk (it’s a pretty little walk even if you don’t do the fitness activities)
- Hike the Adam Lake trail – it’s beautiful.
- Walk to the Moose lookout tower (apparently you may be able to see Moose from it)
- Take a side trip to hike the Turtle Back Mountain
- Check out the International Peace Gardens, which are just down the road and worth the trip. Note: there is an admission cost of $20/car.
- Go for ice cream or a tour around the wildlife museum 15 minutes away in Boissevain