Over the Canada’s Parks Day weekend (free entry on July 20, 21 & 22) you don’t need a park pass to visit any of the provincial parks in Manitoba.
This weekend will be a great weekend to get out and explore some of the beautiful parks and areas in Manitoba! It looks like the weather forecast (for now anyway – we know how quickly those can change! haha) is fantastic for the weekend and we hope that you all have a safe and fun one!
Click here for a listing of Provincial parks in the Western Region (with map)
Click here for a listing of Provincial parks in the Eastern Region (with map)
Click here for a listing of Provincial parks in the Central Region (with map)
Click here for a listing of Provincial parks in the Northwest Region (with map)
Click here for a listing of Provincial parks in the Northeast Region (with map)
Here’s a list of different areas that we have blogged about so far. Some are parks, some are not:
- Steep Rock (feeding goats on an island, heck ya!)
- Bannock Point Petroforms (super cool, spiritual place)
- Nutimik Lake (walk,hike, bike, swim, climb, jump, explore, fish and more)
- Lac du Bonnet Fishing Ponds
- Russell Manitoba and area (ice cream, coffee shops, grain elevators and a lot of bull)
- Beausejour (Flags of Remembrance, paintings by Leo Mol, Daylily gardens & more!)
- Turtle Mountain (Adam Lake campground)
- International Peace Gardens (with a bonus adventure idea!)
- Tubing the Pinawa Channel
- Tubing the Pinawa Channel – revisited with updated information!
- Body surfing at the Old Pinawa Dam
- Road Trippin’ to Gimli via a very scenic route
- Souris (wild peacocks and a mystical oak tree!)
- The Brokenhead Wetland Trail
- Hiking Turtle’s back Mountain (best view on the prairies!)
- Exploring Spruce Woods
- Portage la Prairies Island Park (awesome day trip idea!)
- Whitemouth Falls Provincial park
- Eating at Jennifer’s Picnic (Camel burgers and frog legs?)
- McGillivray Falls
- Asessippi Provincial Park
- Beautiful, beautiful Birtle (this was a winter post, but we know it’s beautiful in the summer too!)
We have been out exploring some new spots too, so stay tuned for some more posts coming soon!
We have one simple request if you are out enjoying the beautiful sights and places that Manitoba has to offer – PLEASE do not litter. Please pack out what you pack in, and for extra bonus “You’re totally awesome!!” points, carry out some extra garbage that you may see on your adventures. Thank you!